[Etoys] quitting from etoys

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Apr 11 00:37:33 EDT 2008

At Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:46:45 +0545,
Ties Stuij wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>
> >  It goes against the Sugar platform conventions. Stopping an activity
> >  needs to put its current state into the Journal so it can later be
> >  resumed. That is the fundamental assumption of how kids interact with
> >  the laptops - if you feel it is inappropriate, please discuss this on
> >  the Sugar list. Really, please do.
>
> In a few weeks time we should be getting some feedback from kids, so I
> will be able to form an opinion based on some actual data. I'll
> discuss it then if there's something to discuss.

  How much "user state" do you want to keep in/for EPaati across the
sessions?  I saw some versions and it is many interactive
contents/games loaded into on demand.  If in fact, there is not much
differences in user perception between saving the entire project
precisely and just quit (or devise a new data format for it and it
only contains the last visited project name, etc), it'd be ok to go
with user proposal in Epaati (not in Etoys, though).