[Etoys] morphs in a holder

polishookm polishookm at mail.montclair.edu
Wed Apr 9 19:14:10 EDT 2008

As best as I can tell, there's a saveOnFile implementation for
PasteUpMorph and a saveOnFile implementation for Morph.

Is fixing the feature/bug in which a Holder because of "save morph in
file" in the debug menu becomes holder.project (rather than
holder.morph) as simple as editing references to .project  in the 3 or
so places it appears in PasteUpMorph >> saveOnFile .... so that .morph
is used instead of .project?

As best as I can tell, PasteUpMorph >> saveOnFile knows how to recognize
when a World is being saved (and thus needs to be a .pr file .... ?)

I'm sure this is all well known but it's definitely new for me ... :)

Thanks in advance ...

- Mark

polishookm wrote:
> I've added a ticket (#6868).
>
> I guess one more step is to see if I can fix it it myself .... :)
>
> Thanks -
>

> Mark
>

> Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>
>> You might add a feature request at
>>
>> 	http://dev.laptop.org/
>>
>> (Open a "new ticket" for the "etoys-activity" component)
>>
>> - Bert -
>>
>> On 09.04.2008, at 10:54, polishookm wrote:
>>

>>> Thanks Bert, That worked perfectly with a small demonstration
>>> example. If it doesn't work for my student with 57 or so objects in
>>> a holder, I'll report back.
>>>
>>> Yes, I agree with you - if the process could be more obvious, that
>>> would be helpful :)
>>>
>>> .... (But I appreciate your quick reply ... thanks again! )

Mark Polishook, D.M.A.
Technology Coordinator
Morehead Hall, Rm 132
Center for Academic Advising and Adult Learning
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ 07043

(973)-655-7114
http://www.montclair.edu/AcademicAdvising/html