[Etoys] morphs in a holder

polishookm polishookm at mail.montclair.edu
Wed Apr 9 13:54:00 EDT 2008

Thanks Bert, That worked perfectly with a small demonstration example.
If it doesn't work for my student with 57 or so objects in a holder,
I'll report back.

Yes, I agree with you - if the process could be more obvious, that would
be helpful :)

.... (But I appreciate your quick reply ... thanks again! )

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> On 09.04.2008, at 10:33, polishookm wrote:
>
>> When in
>>
>> etoys-dev.image
>>
>> I can open a halo on an EllipseMorph, click on the debug icon and then
>> select "save morph in file." That puts a file, for example,
>> grey.morph,
>> assuming that's the name I gave to the morph, in my Squeak directory.
>> The FillInTheBlank morph that assists with the naming process
>> automatically appends ".morph" to the name I select, in this case
>> "grey."
>>
>> If I open a HolderMorph and put a few EllipseMorphs into it and if I
>> open a halo on the HolderMorph and then try to save it in the same
>> way,
>> the dialogue box gives me the option to save the holder as
>> a .project file.
>>
>> When I try to bring that back into Squeak, it comes in as a
>> something or
>> other that takes over the World and can't be worked with in any way
>> that
>> I can determine.
>>

>> So, my question is what's the best way to export a Holder with
>> whatever
>> objects it contains. The context is a student in my class has a holder
>> with 57 or so sketches and we'd like to move it (the holder with the
>> sketches) from from one image to another.
>>

> Do as you did, and simply rename the file to "xyz.morph".
>
> Maybe that option could be made more obvious...
>
> - Bert -

Mark Polishook, D.M.A.
Technology Coordinator
Morehead Hall, Rm 132
Center for Academic Advising and Adult Learning
Montclair State University
Montclair, NJ 07043

(973)-655-7114
http://www.montclair.edu/AcademicAdvising/html