[Etoys] Squeak Activity? (was: how to let activities write to file without risking security)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Apr 8 11:14:30 EDT 2008

On 08.04.2008, at 06:21, karl wrote:
> A activity with Squeak would be nice, and even useful :-) It could
> just
> be the Etoy dev image with write permission.

Or the etoys.image with the kids preferences off (the -dev image isn't
that different from what we ship anymore).

That activity could actually run a script on the pre-installed image
so it saves to the activity's data directory on the first start ...

OTOH this has the feel of a work-around, I'd like to see ideas doing
that in the Etoys activity directly.