[Etoys] how to let activities write to file without risking security

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 07:44:38 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Ties Stuij <cjstuij at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > But if someone has a good idea about
>  >  saving an image and writing to the changes file on the XO, I'm all
>  >  ears.
>    If you just want to save your work during development in Squeak,
>    the setup procedure in
>  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Smalltalk_Development_on_XO might help.

During development, making the relevant directory world writable
should be sufficient I guess.

>    I think it is no good to directly overwrite ootb image/change file
>  on activity directory.

As a general policy, no. But I just wondered about it in general. The
situation seems to me to be a bit ugly. Maybe I should just go on and
do practical stuff though. But it would be useful perhaps when some
kids might want to start hacking on Squeak level. But maybe not...