[Etoys] Viewer on Morph, Viewer on Object?

polishookm polishookm at mail.montclair.edu
Sat Apr 5 20:09:40 EDT 2008

>> When I can  open a viewer on Morph instead of Player, should I then
>> be able to mix and match tiles with Player-derived tiles?
> As far as I know what you see is part of a extension to the current
> etoy system and partly implemented brigde between the etoy and
> Smalltalk environment. I'm not sure which state this system is in and
> there could be some rough edges, but I highly recommend you to try it
> out and report any progress back to this list. Not that all problems
> you will encounter are easy to solve but we can all learn from this,
> which is good.

I haven't had much luck in getting tiles from viewer on Morph to work.
For example (if in viewer script):

EllipseMorph borderColor: Color white (all as a tile)

does nothing. When I exit out to the enclosing project, I receive an
error message that says

Message notUnderstood: EllipseMorph >> prepareToBeRunning

Of course because I'm a fairly absolute beginner, there's always the
possibility that I've just missed something obvious .... :)

--
Mark Polishook, D.M.A.
Technology Coordinator

(973)-655-7114