[Etoys] Viewer on Morph, Viewer on Object?

polishookm polishookm at mail.montclair.edu
Sat Apr 5 16:46:50 EDT 2008

karl wrote:
> polishookm wrote:
>> I think I've been seeing an option for a viewer on an object as well
>> as the viewer on morph. But the viewer on object option seems to have
>> disappeared from my etoys-dev.image.
>>
>> .... Can someone tell me where to find it? (Where should it be .... I
>> think I've been accessing it from debug through a halo).
> There is a preference called Universal tiles that could do something
> like this but it is broken in the latest images.

Ok. .. Specifically what I'm seeing is if I open a halo and then go to
the debug option (either through a menu or by clicking on the debug
icon), a menu appears that I assume should always include

Open Viewer on Player
Open Viewer on Morph

What I'm actually seeing is that sometimes one or the other of these
options is missing. In that case, if I open a viewer by clicking on the
blue icon (in the halo), a viewer on the Player opens. If I go back to
the menu (from the menu icon or the debug icon), I will then see both
options as shown above.

As best as I can tell, it's an inconsistent little bug that doesn't
really seem to effect anything but can make looking at menus into a bit
of a hit-or-miss endeavor.

When I can  open a viewer on Morph instead of Player, should I then be
able to mix and match tiles with Player-derived tiles?

Tia,

Mark

--
Mark Polishook, D.M.A.