[Etoys] Monticello and other questions

Luke Gorrie luke at member.fsf.org
Thu Sep 27 01:32:37 EDT 2007

Howdy!

I'm working with OLE Nepal (http://nepal.ole.org/) to introduce XOs
into public schools here in Kathmandu. The plan is to write lots of
Squeak-based educational software to supplement the standard
curriculum in math and english so that the machines can be used in the
classroom.

I want to sort out a good and open collaborative development
environment for writing the code. I'm wondering how you guys develop
the XO Etoys image and what you would recommend to us?

My first thought is to install Monticello via Squeakmap but I'm unable
to do this cleanly due to apparent compatibility problems, which makes
me wonder how other people are working. Advice welcome!

Cheers,
-Luke (wondering how he overlooked this mailing list until now!)