[Etoys] Fwd: MO reader

korakurider at yahoo.co.jp korakurider at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Sep 20 10:00:40 EDT 2007

(This is resend of off-list message.  Attachment was stripped)
-----
Hi.
I am writing a simple MO reader. First cut is attached: I
don't care performance for now.
I tested it with japanese MOs bundled with Ruby-gettext
package, as I don't have gettext runtime to compile POs
for EToys right now.

I think we need to decide for some design issues to go
forward:

a) How to package MO from those highly fragmented POs: how
many MOs will we have?  what is assigned to textdomain ?
I am not certain whether current packaging scheme for POs
will be also good for MO/textdomain.

In typical usage textdomain represents "application" and
translation is provided for each app.

Also note that this decision will affect design for good
performance and resource usage.

b) how to decide textdomain on #translated?

c) Where will MO reside in runtime environment?
I am thinking about squeakland-OLPC with SecurityPlugin
enabled.
(Is security plugin enabled on XO ?)

/Korakurider