[Etoys] Translation paths

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 14:43:17 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 14:03, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

BF> > TY> I know sometimes it doesn't work correctly, maybe it is
BF> > TY> because transition from git to svn.
BF> > TY>
BF> > TY> You can download the master translation files from
BF> > TY> http://etoys.laptop.org/svn/trunk/etoys/po/
BF> > TY> The fedora site is just a mirror of the repository.
BF>
BF> Apparently the fedora site now pulls directly from our svn
BF> repository.
BF>
BF> > There were a whole bunch of .es.po included in the zip in
BF> > ticket #3518 - that are still in the limbo (on Fedora
BF> > Etoys has been 'popping ing and out', as if undecided on
BF> > staying or leaving ;)
BF>
BF> That was because we moved the po files from git to svn and
BF> fedora first pulled from git and then from svn.

It keeps on popping in-and-out of fedora... currently doesn't show
in http://translate.fedoraproject.org/languages/es/olpc

BF> > but never with the 'updated' POs...
BF>
BF> According to the svn logs they should be there.

But did the POs in the ticket made it? (as far as I can tell no,
but I could be really confused :)

...snip...
BF> > PS: I've started using some OBXes in the wiki for tracking
BF> > activities (and their l10n), Etoys was one of the updated
BF> > pages, and now we have *lots* (maybe too many?) categories
BF> > of missing POT & PO (per language) so when a translator
BF> > shows up we'll be able to tell them: check [[Category:such
BF> > lang-xx]] to find what is missing... it would be nice if
BF> > their work could be integrated.
BF>
BF> I have no idea what an OBX is and why some languages are
BF> missing - looks fine at launchpad and in svn.

Languages are missing because Etoys has {en, es, fr, pt} and {de,
ja} but the XO would need also: {am, ar, ha, ig, ne, ro, ru, rw,
th, ur, yo} which is list of languages in the green countries.
I'm trying to confirm this list, but the idea is to know the
status of l10n regardless of the specific tracking sites.

OBX (Olpcboxes) are wiki-templates with the intent to categorize
in a consistent manner some aspects of the activities (ie: POT &
PO, but also source location, tickets, tests, etc).

They are a mix between cosmetics & function -- the 'old' (but
still present) StatusBox used was hard to maintain. In some way a
bit redundant with in-site tracking but it also integrates the
different sites and or approaches (hopefully).

BF> - Bert -

Cheers,
Xavier

--