[Etoys] Translation paths

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:17:04 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 10:07, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
BF> So you're saying we should rather ditch launchpad because it
BF> is online-only, yes?

Actually the online feature is perfect for non-tech translators or
opportunistic translators because of launchpad's ability to pull
strings from other modules and propose them (*very* useful to
build a common language - to which Etoys is particularly
sensible) I think it should not be ditched...

Cheers,
Xavier

PS: Etoys has been pulled out of fedora's site... so we are
effectivley left only with launchpad as an option?

BF> - Bert -
BF>
BF> On Sep 18, 2007, at 4:57 , Offray Vladimir Luna Cardenas
BF> wrote:

BF> > Hi,
BF> >
BF> >
BF> > I have been working in translations in the past and I agree
BF> > about off-line tools instead of on-line ones. Would be
BF> > nice to have some easy
BF> > control version system like bazaar that can help in
BF> > synchronizing activities using off-line tools, instead of
BF> > relying on on-line ones.
BF> >
BF> > Cheers,
BF> >
BF> > Offray
BF> >
BF> > Jim Gettys wrote:
BF> >> Hmmm...  Last I knew (a couple years ago), the impression
BF> >> I was left with was that rosetta wasn't very friendly to
BF> >> offline translators; we have a situation, particularly
BF> >> initially, where many of the potential contributors to
BF> >> translations may find a web site both expensive and slow,
BF> >> and may prefer to use some of the offline translation tools
BF> >> (pootle or kbabel).
BF> >>
BF> >> I don't pretend to know the needs of a translation
BF> >> community: we should
BF> >> optimize toward their work-flow, and adapt to suit.  And
BF> >> we need to remember the needs of offline translators, who
BF> >> don't yet have regular,
BF> >> economic network access.
BF> >>                                - Jim

...snip...