[Etoys] Translation paths

Paulo Drummond ptdrumm at terra.com.br
Tue Sep 18 14:21:14 EDT 2007

Jim,

Here is the thing:

Launchpad (for the seek of simplicity) apparently works fine. We
translators just want a place where our contributions are effectively
ported and used. Actually, I don't care if it is slow or give me four
or five steps to get my contributions done. Translations are just
static strings that are eventually merged into the application (via
svn or whatever). The bottom line here is its usability and
correctness as much as possible.

We like to contribute in a clear, simple, straightforward way. And it
seems to me that launchpad is a good example of this. It may not be
the best, completely open-source whatever... but then, again, so what?

What I wrote before is that I translated some 3000+ words/strings for
the Squeak Etoys interface in the past, and I am now focused — with
the help of folks in Porto Alegre, Brazil — to continue reviewing and
completing the long remaining list.

cheers,
Paulo