[Etoys] Downloads at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys are not working

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Sat Sep 8 17:25:43 EDT 2007

  Hello,

> The two images available at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys [1]
> [2] are unable to load projects. SCOMST said that, on windows,
> dragging the etoys.image onto the Squeakland VM raises an error
> that class MorphExtensonPlus cannot be found. He never saw the
> 5-blob menu. He followed the instructions listed under Method 1
> (Easiest). I did not verify this issue.

  The only case when that error (MorphExtensionPlus not found) happens
is a project created in etoys.image is being loaded onto some other
images (such as Squeakland, or mainstream Squeak).

  One possible case I can think of is that on his (?) computer, ".pr"
suffix is associated with the normal Squeakland image and VM (as the
installer of Squeakland does), and he (?) double-clicked a .pr file in
the ExampleEtoys folder.

> I was testing on Linux. I was able to load the image, but
> anytime I tried to open a project, either through the gallery or
> elsewhere, I got the error: 'An error has occurred;you should
> probably just hit 'abandon'. Sorry!' I had this problem with
> both the dev and the build image. I did not try the RPM.

  Hmm, I can go to gallery and load project.  I'll look at it, but can
you send me the SqueakDebug.log file from the error?

  Thank you for reporting,