[Etoys] Downloads at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys are not working

Matthew Fulmer tapplek at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 17:05:08 EDT 2007

CC'ed to SCOMST, who reported the issue on #squeak

The two images available at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys [1]
[2] are unable to load projects. SCOMST said that, on windows,
dragging the etoys.image onto the Squeakland VM raises an error
that class MorphExtensonPlus cannot be found. He never saw the
5-blob menu. He followed the instructions listed under Method 1
(Easiest). I did not verify this issue.

I was testing on Linux. I was able to load the image, but
anytime I tried to open a project, either through the gallery or
elsewhere, I got the error: 'An error has occurred;you should
probably just hit 'abandon'. Sorry!' I had this problem with
both the dev and the build image. I did not try the RPM.

I am not sure what the issue is, so I am bringing it to your
attention.

[1]: http://etoys.laptop.org/src/etoys-image-and-pr.zip
[2]: http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-dev-2.1-1535.zip