[Etoys] intro to Smalltalk (may be "dramabotics" could work)

Offray Vladimir Luna Cardenas offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co
Wed Oct 10 22:55:06 EDT 2007

Hi Timothy,

Timothy Falconer wrote:
> Offray,
>
> We're using the same approach in Project Waveplace, using storytelling
> as the end goal with math & programming along the way.  (Much as Alice
> and Scratch did).

Interesting. Could you give me an url for the project?

> Our chief reason for the storytelling approach is to help with buy-in
> for the educational approach, for both the kids and the adults.  It's
> also a way to get the kids talking to adults about their shared history.
>
> At the end we'll have a musical celebration where the kids show off
> their folklore projects, which we hope will make more of a connection
> with the community than math/science examples might.
>
> It also helps that the Caribbean has a strong storytelling tradition,
> much as other cultures (though less and less American culture).

Yes. Is pretty much the same here in Colombia and South America. I have
 go to United States only twice, but my impression is much the same.
United States people has not a storytelling tradition like the people in
Caribbean and South America... may be is because big media are not so
important in rural places and still we have a lot of local ancient
traditions. Anyway cultural differences are things to preserve with this
new media.

> Thanks,
> Tim

Thanks to you.