[Etoys] squeaky tale #2

Timothy Falconer timothy at immuexa.com
Thu Oct 11 00:15:02 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

Over the long weekend, I got some very positive feedback regarding my
Squeaky Tales series. People seemed to like my movies, though my
first attempts had some video compression snags which forced me to
temporarily abandon Flash video in favor of Quicktime. The downside
was that the movies took a long time to start, since they were
essentially fully downloading before beginning.

Today I worked out the kinks and encoded them back as Flash FLV
movies. They should start up more quickly and should also be more
compatible with different systems. FLV is the same format used on
YouTube.

I just posted Squeaky Tale #2, which introduces a new character in
the plot besides Seymour the turtle. As before, let me know if you
have any problems. Also, keep the kudos coming. It helps to know
you're out there!

To watch the movies, visit:

http://waveplace.com/movies/

Thanks,