[Etoys] Proposal on how to use Pootle for etoys

korakurider at yahoo.co.jp korakurider at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Nov 30 20:07:56 EST 2007

Xavier,
First of all, I will sent the actual my proposal later to share with you.
I think we will want to adjust setting for the TEST(etoys) project on
Pootle to validate if it works for us actually and need your help,
please.

Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>  I would take out tinlizzie - both our master git and svn repositories
>  are at laptop.org. tinlizzie is only for internal use and backup.
  This was just my misunderstanding and I will revise it.

Takashi Yamamiya <tak at metatoys.org> wrote:
> >> Why should we split repository?
> >> Because version and quality management will be easier; community
can work easily.
>  I wonder if "quality management" actually works because we don't
understand
> all language. But it is worth to try.
  Yep.  At least release we as developers can verify PO by comparing,
compiling, that is what I meant as QA.  I suspect many people of
translation community have even gettext tools.

Xavier Alvarez <xavi.alvarez at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Friday 30 November 2007 16:09, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> ...snip...
> BF> Does pootle really force some directory structure onto
> BF> projects?
>
> By default Pootle uses the following layout (xx_YY being the
> language code):
>  .../project/
>  .../project/xx_YY/xyzzy.po
>  .../project/templates/xyzzy.pot
>
> But it can also handle GNU's all-in-one structure:
>  .../project/po/
>  .../project/po/xyzzy.pot
>  .../project/po/xx_YY.po
 When I tested, I experienced such error on uploading that file name
doesn't confrm to GNU style.  So I had to change etoys_test.po to ja_ZZ.
po.  Was this because of Pootle's settings?  can the rule be relaxed
even in GNU style setting?

 In the former style we can split huge etoys.po into smaller pieces or
can register additional POs for addons without big change when we want.
 (I assume Bert want to split it... )  In the later style we can't.
 With the restriction I would choose the former even if we don't need to
right now.

Cheers,
/Korakurider