[Etoys] Context comment in POs too long for Pootle

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 06:59:05 EST 2007

Baffled by the behavior, I double checked, only to discover that,
once more, the browser-specifics seem to be the one to blame
here:

-  Opera  = fixed width, variable height = Good
- Firefox = fixed width, fixed height    = ok, no big deal
-  MS-IE  = variable width, fixed height = nasty

Something I did notice in the Etoys PO is that the comment is
basically one very long, continuous string without any
whitespace. A simple comma-space ', ' separator would suffice to
allow IE to do a better job...

I just verified it, and the lack of whitespace is the culprit
(look for 'Stop' in TamTamEdit.activity) and the result is:
-  Opera  = fixed width, variable height = Good
- Firefox = fixed width, variable height = Good
-  MS-IE  = pseudo-fixed width, variable height = almost good
            (still bases the 'minimum column width' on the
            'maximum non-whitespace string length')

Solution? Use a better browser? ;)

Cheers,
Xavier