[Etoys] Fwd: Pootle now fully open for translation

Xavier Alvarez xavi.alvarez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:40:01 EST 2007

Takashi,

A TEST Pootle Etoys project has been created and loaded...

Things to note:
1) suggestion / review is disabled
2) both anonymous and registered users can translate
3) no version control

Reasons:
1) Pootle for historical reasons handles suggestions based on the
*comment* line (not the msgid). So if you have the same comment
in more than one msgid, the suggestions get all mixed up. Some
say feature, I say bug...

2) Given the test nature of the project, no point in forcing
people to register.

3) SVN may be in our plans and probably easy to do, but for the
moment I don't want to risk swimming in those waters ;)

Testing URL: https://dev.laptop.org/translate/projects/etoys/

Please keep us posted.

Cheers,
Xavier

 --------------------------+-------------------------------------
------------ TY>  Reporter:  Takashi       |       Owner:  xavi
TY>      Type:  task          |      Status:  new

------------ TY>  EToys team is planning to use Pootle for the
 translation, but before that, TY>  we want to test it. Could you
 import these POT and PO files into Pootle TY>  without version
 control?

--
XA
=========