[Etoys] How to distribute amd install MO for Apps

korakurider at yahoo.co.jp korakurider at yahoo.co.jp
Sun Nov 11 09:23:37 EST 2007

Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:

> A SAR may or may not be the best packaging. It could actually extract
> a .mo to the default directory, so we would just have to support an
> additional path for .mo files.
    Current gettext emulation stuff can support search path list for MO
and even dynamic registration of additional path.  so it is easy to add
the default path (that is sand box of rainbow, right?) to search list.
Difficult part is that the registration have to be restored also.

(I think we need to start write down "the good practice for app on OLPC
Etoys" to document the rule / convention.  This discussion is the first
step.)

> > So only way to provide translation for apps is that preload apps and
> > rename image and package them as RPM.  I would like to hear your
> > thought.
> No, apps must be packaged as .xo files. We will just have to find a
> way to support this. SImilar to what I did with the DiceWars xo
> bundle a while ago.
    As I have been working without Sugar/emulation environment, I haven'
t figure out what is the hurdle to support it...

> > (I understand we have similar issue with additional font...)
>
> The font can simply be saved in the default directory, just as we do
> now I think.
    No, I was refering about not saving font file, but registration of
additional font to image and its restoration, as you and Luke are
discussing in http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4604

/Korakurider