[Etoys] Translations

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu Jun 28 05:37:59 EDT 2007

We should make use of the OLPC/Fedora translation efforts. For this,
we need to export the strings to be translated as a POT file (see msg
below). Then translation can happen independently of Squeak tools.

POT files are very simple text files:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gettext

A help to potential translators would be if the generated POT file
would include comments explaining the context in which the original
phrase appeared.

Any volunteer? Should we ask the broader Squeak community for help?

- Bert -

Begin forwarded message: