[Etoys] Build 537

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri Jul 27 15:49:06 EDT 2007

On Jul 27, 2007, at 20:21 , Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   I now think that load button itself is ok.  For the normal click, we
> can still show the same dialog but just select "Projects in Journal".
> Since "Keep" is a concept that will be around, there is not much
> reason for it to be confusing.  We can show the button-hold menu to
> choose more projects (if it will be possible).

Yes, that's what I thought, too.

>   BTW, "Projects in Journal" shows all version of the project.  Should
> it show only the latest (by default)?

I thought it only showed the latest version? Although ... thinking
about it, when you load a project from the Load dialog, its #sugarId
parameter does not get set. That means when saving, another entry
will be made in the Journal, rather than updating the existing entry.
This is a bug, but I can't really do much about it I guess.

This comes from SugarDatastoreDirectory which has to fake filenames.
The datastore does not retain filenames, so we make up a filename by
taking the title+uid+'.pr'. When someone tries to open that file, we
extract the uid and load the file from the datastore. It has to be
deleted when done, that's why it returns a SugarDatastoreTempFile
which deletes the actual file on #close.

As you can see this is a major hack. It's extremely ugly to see those
uids in the list ... I hope we will find a better way to integrate
with the journal, while still preserving the ability to handle
projects on a regular machine.

- Bert -