[Etoys] Re: Etoys Digest, Vol 5, Issue 8

Gordon Schumacher whiplash at pobox.com
Sat Jan 13 15:10:35 EST 2007

Offray Vladimir Luna C?rdenas <offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co> wrote:

[snip]

> I was reading the "old" and good Squeak News E-zine and think that would
> be nice to have local folklore tales and other activities made in Squeak
> in the same way that Tansel Ersavas, even some of the articles would be
> adapted as learning activities and active essays, and if we can made
> that local folklore tales multilingual, then Squeak can make a bridge
> between childs different cultures and languages.
>
> I will be posting some questions in my attempt to make my first
> interactive local folklore tale in Squeak (inspired in what Tansel made)
> and may be I will ask questions about multilingual content also. (¿It's
> this the proper place?)

My wife and I have quite and extensive collection of fairy tales,
folklore, and similar from different countries and cultures, and this is
an intriguing idea to me.  I will have to take a look at his work and
see what I could come up with... I have been trying to learn Smalltalk
(although I am not too far along yet...) so this could be a good project.