[Etoys] update 1163

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Wed Jan 3 16:30:35 EST 2007

  Hello and Happy New Year!

  It is time to get back to work.  As a start, I made up new images
and uploaded them to the tinlizzie.org server.

  Among other things, We've decided to experiment with TrueType fonts
a bit more.  For that purpose, we pre-load Komika font to the image.

  To be up to date, there are two ways:

  1. Download

     http://pedroreina.net/apostrophiclab/0141-KomikaText/komtext_tt.zip

     and extract the .ttf files in it to the directory where .image
     resides.  And, then, choose "update code from server".

  2. Download:

     http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-2.0-1161.zip

     and/or

     http://tinlizzie.org/olpc/etoys-dev-2.0-1161.zip

     and keep code update with "update code from server".

  Update #1161 is the one that loads the fonts.  I thought I made it
so that if you don't have the .ttf files in the directory, the update
process stops...  But it doesn't work in that way.  Even if you don't
have the font files, the update process keeps going.  Please be sure
that you will have Komika fonts in your image to fetch further
updates.

  I still haven't gotten to the point where I can integrate the Pango
stuff I'm working on.  After it happens, hopefully we can dump these
fonts in image and use Pango for rendering text.

  Thank you!