[Etoys] BotsInc xo Progress :(

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 21:39:09 EST 2007

Hi, Stef.
Got your own unit?  Great!

On Dec 26, 2007 5:38 AM, stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm trying to produce a bundle for BotsInc.
>
> I could not find a page describing how to fill the activities forms?
> So I'm guessing :(. I edited the epaathi bundle and mixed it with the
> DiceWars one.
> Does anybody know where I can get the info? I read a lot of webpages
> but could not find the
> one that brings the light.

    These might help you:
      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_tutorial
      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles
      http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API
    (Note that these might not be fully consistent to current stack.
     For instance,  MANIFEST isn't mentioned in
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_bundles)

Apparently I cannot get internet working on my XO machine (I cannot
> say ok once I typed the network password).

      You could try Support_FAQ in wiki, this is growing and you might find
similar problem and workaround.

Then I do not know how I can try the bundle I produced myself. :(

> I tried with an usb stick but I do not know how I can read it.

    When usb stick is inserted, the volume is mounted under /media/XXXX
where XXX is some ID-like string.
    Then you can just copy your stuff from there.
      The steps to manually install bundle is  described in "Put the
activity on an XO or emulator" of
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_an_activity

> I put the xo file also on the web
> http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Web/BotsInc/BotsInc2.xo
>
> and here is the file

       I am going to try yours on real XO later...

Cheers,
/Korakurider
p.s.
I adjusted DiceWars for "new" Sugar and it run successfully on Build650.
I will publish it for an example after I finish work on translation support.