[Etoys] Questions on etoys based activity

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 20:42:11 EST 2007

Hi, Bert.
I am trying your DiceWars xo bundle to understand developing
etoys-based activity (and to study how to translate activities).
Please let me newbie ask :

+ On my B4 (with Build650/Q2D07), the activity wouldn't start (I
waited a few minutes and gave it up).
   I installed it by sending *.xo to myself by gmail and just download
from gmail on XO :-)
   ("To install an activity" of http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities
says that launching from Journal entry is needed to complete
installing.
    But I just downloaded it and activity appeared in task bar)
   Am I doing wrong? (ok, I will try again with the proper
installation step in http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Creating_an_activity)
   Or Do I need to upgrade my box to newer unstable release?
   Or Is launching etoys-based activity incredibly slow?

+ How can I know home path of currently running activity in etoys code?
   By the information I can tweak to search path for activity MOs.

Any hint will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!
/Korakurider