[Etoys] Proposal on how to use Pootle for etoys

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Sun Dec 9 01:07:38 EST 2007

Hi Korakurider,

2007/12/7, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com>:

> I think, instead of just copying POs from Pootle to SVN, synchronizing
> to latest POT would save much work.  And this is easy to do with
> pomigrate2 of Translate Toolkit.
> I revised mkpootle (attached - this is draft and needs cleanup).  And
> I will send you POs including "X-Etoys-SystemVersion" header that have
> been migrated from the latest ones in svn (2.3-1840).

Thank you. With your script. I got these error message.

% ./mkPootle migrate
mkdir: cannot create directory `mergework/de': No such file or directory
./mkPootle: line 69: pomigrate2: command not found
cp: cannot stat `mergework/de/etoys.po': No such file or directory
(... same error message for each language)

1: what purpose is mergework directory, is it a temporary directory?
2: what is pomigrate2 and where can I get it?

> I noticed POs you pulled from Lauchpad are copyrighted by Canonical
> (and LaunchPad contributors).  I don't know whether they actually
> contributed :)  Is that copyright statement OK for OLPC?  I wanted to
> remove the statement from POs before import to our repository because
> we aren't tied to the site anymore.

Aha, I didn't care about that. I think you are right.

Cheers,
- Takashi