[Etoys] Proposal on how to use Pootle for etoys

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:01:07 EST 2007

Hi, Takashi.

2007/12/5, Takashi Yamamiya <tak at metatoys.org>:
> So, the conclusion is,
> - File structure:  Pootle style (.../project/xx_YY/xyzzy.po)
> - Version control: Use git repository, but the master is still on the svn.
> Is it O.K.?
   I think basically yes.  If we want to manage other than for base
etoys like QuickGuides in Pootle, we might want to have multiple
projects on Pootle like "etoys", "etoys-quickguides", "etoys-activity"
in near future.  So I think we must agree on what is/isn't managed in
the etoys project.

> I think we have enough reasons to move to Pootle.
  Absolutely !

>So I made a
> directory for Pootle on our etoys git repository. It also includes
> latest updates at the launchpad.
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/etoys;a=tree;f=po
> If it is good, I'll post a ticket to ask to include it on Pootle.
   to me seems OK.

   I also reviewed your mkpootle script to synchronize git and svn.
   I know just copying to each other might be sufficient for some case.
   But for real life we might also want diff and merge operations for
both directions.  That will make it easy to delegate tedious review
diff / merge operations to each language community.  Actually we can't
review translations in complex scripts anyway :-)  (so you decided
just copying?)

Cheers,
/Korakurider