[Etoys] A few notes on eToys interface - playing with latest eToys in olpc

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sun Apr 8 04:50:48 EDT 2007

On Apr 8, 2007, at 3:44 , Milan Zimmermann wrote:

> On 2007 April 1 17:56, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
>> On Apr 2, 2007, at 0:20 , Milan Zimmermann wrote:
>>> 2) Next, about how to help more users to try OLPC eToys.  I am
>>> running
> <<snip>>
>>
>> I added a link to the wiki page, please add further instructions or
>> links to that page.
>
> Bert I think you mean the page here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Etoys
>
> I added there a brief description with links on how to run OLPC
> eToys without
> the laptop available (emulation or rpms), hope that is ok.

Sure. Although the simplest is to run just the image on your favorite
Squeak VM. The latest image and projects is always here:

	http://etoys.laptop.org/src/etoys-image-and-pr.zip

There are people interested in OLPC etoys who are not familiar with
Squeak, so OS specific instructions would be helpful I guess.

Running like this won't get you Sugar integration, but unless you
specifically want to test or develop in that area, it is fine. We
need a lot of testing and content development independently of Sugar ...