[Etoys] Ogg Vorbis and Speex CODEC for Squeak eToys

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Apr 4 07:44:41 EDT 2007

Takashi,

you need to make sure the VM compiles even without the headers and
libraries present. We need to have configure-time checks for all
needed headers and libraries, and disable the plugin if those are not
present. I see you check for the headers, but not for the libraries.
There is an AC_PLUGIN_CHECK_LIB macro for this, see doc/
HowToBuildFromSource.txt

The proper way to make sure ogg or speex is installed would be in
sugar-jhbuild sanitycheck.

Also, we might add a configure switch that makes certain plugins
mandatory, so configure fails if it does not detect the prerequisites
to mandatory plugins. Ian, do you have an idea how to best implement
this?

- Bert -