[Etoys] Ogg Vorbis and Speex CODEC for Squeak eToys

Takashi Yamamiya tak at metatoys.org
Wed Apr 4 07:16:35 EDT 2007

Hi Bert,

I have just uploaded OggVorbis plugin into
http://squeakvm.org/svn/squeak/branches/olpc/.

So you can compile it as:

1) Make sure you have installed ogg / vorbis / speex headers
   (libogg-devel, libvorbis-devel, and speex-devel in rpm)
2) Go sugar-jhbuild directory and type
$ ./sugar-jhbuild buildone squeak

For some reason, jhbuild might complain as "configuration changed",
but please just choose [1] rerun stage build.  Makefile should be
recreated again in this case.  If you don't have necessary ogg headers
(libogg, libvorbos, and speex), OggPlugin would be just ignored.

However, I wanted to show a diagnosis message and stop jhbuild process
if you don't have speex.h before starting make, like "This module
needs speex package with headers!". Because you might not be aware the
new vm won't include OggPlugin. Do you know proper way to
some test before make?

Thanks,
- Takashi