More: Re: [Etoys] Example projects

Alan Kay alan.kay at squeakland.org
Fri Oct 27 08:11:32 EDT 2006

Hi Folks --

Here are a few more projects and thumbnails.

I found a few oddities in doing these:

- Thumbnailing in a Playfield seems to make a new object and rename
it, and it doesn't get expanded (sometimes) when you pull it back
out. This happened with the costumes bin in the Computer Logic Game.

- Also in the Computer Logic Game, I found that the use of "graphic"
had the drawback of not respecting the center point (as does "look
like"). You can see this with the creeping of the loudspeaker when
being activated.

- OTOH, "look like" seems to object to being copied while a script is running.

None of these are worth rushing to fix, except perhaps for the
strange thumbnailing behavior. (Also there is the old bad
disappearence requiring "round up strays" when you drop something
into a playfield that has thumbnailing on).

- I notice that the "next project" option is not in the Nav bar
anymore, but the "pref" still is. Seems like we should just have the
same conventions that the browsers have here.

- What is the plan for getting to projects in an image?

Cheers,

Alan