[Etoys] [fix] PasteUpMorph shall not accept ScriptEditorMorph version 3

Karl karl.ramberg at chello.se
Mon Dec 4 14:59:03 EST 2006

Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:
>   Karl,
>
>   Thank you for bunch of fixes.  There are some comments:
>
>   * [FIX]ObjectsTool drag and drop
>
>     This was a feature so that you *can* drop a newly instanciated
>     object onto the tab to dismiss it.  Given that the screen
>     resolution is rather large, the chance of accidental drop is
>     relatively low.  Do you have strong feeling?

I watched a screen capture video of a guy testing the OPLC etoy and this
stood out as
a confusing feature.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwzCsOFxT-U&mode=related&search=

>   * [fix] PasteUpMorph shall not accept ScriptEditorMorph (version 3)
>
>     This was also a feature.  Think Takashi's Demon Castle tutorial.
>     This one and the other one has upside and downside, and not
>     entirely obvious whether to be included or not.

Most of the time I use etoys I have a world and maybe a PasteUpMorph as
a playfield for my morphs.
When the playfield embeds the script editors you soon run out of screen
estate.
I can see that it has it's uses but for me those are the exeptions, not
the rule.
>   * [FIX]Position of picked up tile morph
>
>     This is also a feature but a new one (See the versions).  It has
>     been always an issue that kids couldn't see the drop zone in the
>     scriptor.  I think the current behavior is ok, although hardcoded offset
>     may not be right.

Only a few of the tiles that had this implemented so there was some
inconsistency.
>   * [BUG]ScriptEditorMorph>>acceptDroppingMorph: aMorph event:	evt
>
>     I'll take a look at it.

This is a visual bug with no real bad side effect, but still it would be
nice to get it fixed :-)
>   * [ENH]BookMorph buttons more visible
>
>     Ah, this looks good.  I'd take this^^;

:-)