[Educators] TUE feedback teams

Yama Ploskonka yama at netoso.com
Mon Apr 7 08:03:06 EDT 2008

I cut this part from Tomeu's other message to keep the action item clean.

Vizoso dixit:
 > One more concrete proposal: in at least Uruguay and Peru, there are
 > teams of volunteers complementing the efforts of the government. It is
 > my understanding that these volunteers are in direct contact with
 > teachers and pupils, and I'd expect most of them to be young people
 > with computer experience and some knowledge of English. What if some
 > "feedback teams" were created in order to gather, summarize and
 > transmit comments from the field?

Yes, and yes, and also.  Let me point out to the outrageous success so
far with Nepal in this sense, as things flow back to hhtp://planet.olpc.org
I admire Bryan Berry's success in moving out of the way, though his hand
shows all over still :-)
I have had a bad night's sleep :-) mulling over a teacher training
module and web based user interface.  I would want to initiate, but not
own, a working list of "what's wrong with our communication", not at all
with an animus of pointing fingers but to be able to actually work
solutions in.  Oh well, I guess that with all things FOSS, unless
someone jumps right now crying "that's my baby", I'll just do it...

  and of course get going with that teacher/volunteer feedback training
concept.  Since we'd be right now aiming toward Peru/Uruguay, I'll
prepare what I've been pondering in Spanish, and send back up for ya'll
to comment on.