Hardware test in 1.5 reports temperature rise of 9 or 10 C.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Mon Aug 10 09:07:02 EDT 2020

Hi,

P.s. This is SKU 133, D5.
Present in http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Manufacturing_data .

The 1.5 D5 here is S/N SHC10400772  OpenFirmware Q3C17  EC Firmware Ver:2.2.10.

In the hardware test, a temperature rise of 9-10 C is reported.

I found a thread in the mailing list at 2011-2012.  Appears hardware
revision might have continued then.  I haven't found a description of
a repair.

I have no trouble dismantling the machine and performing a small
modification or repair.  Before diving in, I am interested in advice
and lore.

Aside from this thermal problem, the machine appears to run as well as
when it left the factory.

Thanks!                      ... Peter E.

--
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Medical_Machines
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Oberon