[IAEP] do OLPC browsers support WebRTC microphone audio input?

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Mar 12 12:16:57 EDT 2017

Hi Jim,

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 12:01 PM, Jim Salsman <jim at talknicer.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 11:55 PM, Sam P. <sam at sam.today> wrote:
> > OLPC OS ships with an ancient (2011?) version of WebKitGtk+.  I don't
> even
> > think that the current version supports WebRTC.
> >
> > Maybe you could run a version of Firefox or chrome on it?
>
> Does anyone out there have Chrome or Firefox compiling on OLPCs?

There was some solid research comparing Firefox 26 and Firefox 50 on XO
laptops (particularly on Fedora 18) not so many weeks ago in December and
January:

   http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2017-January/thread.html
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Browser_improvements

Rough conclusion seems to be that Firefox 26 is ready-to-go if you want
that, but that it would take more work to get Firefox 50 compiling cleanly
here?

Also if I recall Nathan Riddle also has a couple further details, that
might not have made it into the thread above, so I can put you in contact
with him directly if nec?