[support-gang] Fwd: Re: [UKids] Best GCompris for OLPC OS 13.2.8?

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Mon Feb 13 01:06:25 EST 2017

On Feb 13, 2017 7:02 AM, "Tony Anderson" <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

Hi Adam

There are two parts to installing GCompris. Installation of GCompris in
Gnome by rpm and installation of the .xo wrapper. The Sugar standard was
that activities are responsible for installing their dependencies; however,
this has been blurred in recent releases. In any case, it is possible that
your process using yum does a double install. Check the size of the
installed Sugar wrapper. Look at /home/olpc/Activities/Gcompris.activity
(or whatever it is called) and try du -h Gcompris.activity to check its
size.

This weekend, GCompris was instsalled on 240 XO-1.5 with 2GB storage with
no problem.

Thanks Tony.

I'll work on this Tuesday onwards, also with Nathan's many similar
experiences to guide me hopefully :)

Tony