Re (3): low battery shutdown

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Wed Mar 2 17:34:28 EST 2016

In a second test, using the machine without
external power,  the warningless shutdown happened
at about 25% charge level.

From:	Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com>, Tue, 1 Mar 2016 21:45:14 -0500
> As others have said your battery is probably just showing its age.  1.5
> was built in 2010-2011 so unless you got a new battery its 5 or so years
> old.

The machine was used when I purchased it about
three years ago.  Likely the battery was original
then and I have not replaced it since.  Yes, this
is probably the factory original battery.

> If you do run the capacity test I'd be interested in seeing your results.

I've glanced at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Batman .
Will have to read more carefully before trying
a "capacity test" and collecting any power log.

FWIIW, a full charge in the battery still runs the
machine for more than an hour.

Any comments about having the battery rebuilt
by a local shop vs. trying to buy a replacement?

Thanks,                 ... Peter E.

--
123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 12
Tel +1 360 639 0202