OS builder generated ZD, 4 button install on unlocked XO1

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 14:04:30 EST 2016

I've been exploring an exchange with James Cameron:

  <I wrote>
 So then as I understand it, on an unlocked machine, the installers would
need to type "fs-update 32018ht0.zd" at the OK> prompt to kick off the
install.  Is that correct?

<James responded>
No, an unlocked machine will work like a locked machine when given the
four game keys held on boot.

I've been trying to generate an unsigned ZD image that will load with the 4
button install.

I've generated an unsigned fs0.zip and placed the xxx.ZD and fs0.zip in the
root directory of a USB key.

The firmware finds the fs0.zip, but complains "no signature for our key
list".

There's probably some setting in os-builder that I have not found yet.