[support-gang] A XO-1 BUA ("keyboard") replaced with a XO-1.75 BUA

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Tue Jan 12 21:07:55 EST 2016

Thanks Nathan!  Am circulating to devel at laptop so we get more thoughts-

On Jan 12, 2016 8:32 PM, <nathanr333 at charter.net> wrote:

> A XO-1 BUA (Base Upper Assembly  -- "keyboard" [
http://flickr.com/curiouslee/5932732888
http://flickr.com/curiouslee/5932732736 ] ) replaced with a XO-1.75 BUA and
no mechanical or software issues were observed,  (13.2.6 SD).  No
modification needed.
> If someone can confirm that XO-4 BUA is same as for XO-1.75 BUA,  then
the BUA from any XO model can be used on the XO-1.

> Previously posted here by others that lower half of any XO model could be
used on the XO-1.

> I had been unable to obtain any answer as to the ongoing BUA
compatibility question, so made the test with the first XO-1.75 that I got
my hands on.  :)

> Nathan Riddle

[There are hundreds of XO's out there than that are being refurb'd, in
Boston/Michigan/Nicaragua/Haiti especially, but we're only just getting
started: Nancie Severs & Paul Fox helped tremendously in November!!]