[UKids] re:new member

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Sun Apr 24 17:45:32 EDT 2016

The XO-4 is the only XO to have been officially sold with a touchscreen
option.

XO-4s use the same screen as other XOs, but with an independent infrared
touchscreen on top of it.

There were some XO-1.75s that were modified to have more traditional
touchscreens to help with Sugar & XO-4 touch development.  These are mostly
in the hands of developers, and are rare.

Over time durability enhancements have been made to XOs.  But I don't
recall when what changes were made to the display.

In general I would recommend using a newer display with touch XO-4s to
reduce the risk of hard presses breaking the screen.