Replacing internal SD card.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Oct 30 20:15:53 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 07:03:35PM -0500, Peter Easthope wrote:
> On Fri, October 30, 2015 3:41 pm, James Cameron wrote:
> > To look for problems, copy large files to and from the card, a few
> > million times, measuring the time it takes.
> >
> > But this kind of test forces the aging of the card, so have an
> > identical one ready to replace it.
>
> I'm content to see how the card performs in routine use.

Fine, but you did speculate that you had no problems with the card,
and I felt that was very brave, so I gave methods to increase your
certainty.

> > ... it will probably happen again.  But we don't support UnixAos
> > here, go somewhere else for that problem.
>
> UnixAos has worked for years in multiple systems including OLPC.

I don't think your experience is sufficient to determine this.

> Never before saw a mention of at-spi-registryd.desktop.  No
> unfamiliar problems with UnixAos, getmail or swaks.  Nothing
> suggests at-spi-registryd.desktop is connected to any of the three.
>
> at-spi-registryd.desktop is mentioned in several Linux related
> forums.  Haven't seen an explanation or solution yet.  Mentioned
> only in case it registers with a reader.

No readers here for UnixAos.  We don't use at-spi in our builds.

> If at-spi-registryd.desktop continues to surface, I'll replace the
> original SD card and try 13.2.5 with nothing additional.

Don't do that.  It is extremely unlikely that at-spi-registryd has
anything to do with the microSD or SD card.

Instead, work the problem, independently of the hardware.

at-spi is the assistive technology service provider interface of the
GNOME accessibility layer.  Has nothing to do with microSD or SD
cards, and to think it might with no other evidence is very wild
speculation.

Lots of search engine hits for at-spi-registryd.desktop

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/