Replacing internal SD card.

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Oct 30 16:41:50 EDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:39:55PM -0700, peter at easthope.ca wrote:
> From: James Cameron quozl at laptop.org, Sat Oct 10 02:56:45 EDT 2015
> > The potential difficulties are;
>
> Replaced the card yesterday afternoon, installed 13.2.5 and booted
> with no problems.

Great.

To look for problems, copy large files to and from the card, a few
million times, measuring the time it takes.

But this kind of test forces the aging of the card, so have an
identical one ready to replace it.

> This morning added UnixAos, getmail, swaks.  Then "olpc user > power
> off" gives this dialogue.
> "A program is still running:
> at-spi-registryd.desktop
> Not responding
> ..."
>
> Never heard of at-spi-registryd.desktop.  Choose "shut down anyway."
> Boot again and Shut Down again with no dialogue.  The "program still
> running" was ephemeral?  Hopefully doesn't happen often.

Then it will probably happen again.  But we don't support UnixAos
here, go somewhere else for that problem.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/