Compatibility of serial adapters

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at
Wed Oct 21 19:52:40 EDT 2015

If I recall correctly, the XO-1.5's serial adapter shares some circuitry
with the camera.  Booting an XO-1.5 with a serial adapter means you cannot
use the latter.

To do this, the XO-1.5 looks for a resistor placed across two of the wires
to see if a serial adapter is present.  No other XO laptop model has this

Perhaps the older serial adapter simply lacks the sense resistor required
for the XO-1.5 to switch modes.