Keys dying in my XOs

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Nov 25 20:02:35 EST 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 06:34:44PM -0500, Sebastian Silva wrote:
> I have a couple of XO laptops, XO1.5 and XO4, the models with the
> non-membrane keyboards, where several keys stopped working.
> Is this common? Is there a recommended fix?

I've not seen it happen myself.

I've had no recent reports of it.

We continue to make the keyboards, so I'm interested in any wide
area systemic report, so that I can feed it back into manufacturing.

The array of key switches may be connected in a matrix.  A key switch
that does not release can cause several keys to stop working.

To check for this, use our keyboard self test.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Self_Test
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO_Self_Test/Keyboard

--
James Cameron