Announcing OLPC OS 13.2.6 with Sugar 0.107

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Nov 17 18:26:36 EST 2015

G'day Caryl,

Thanks for your question.

Don't speculate.  Work the problem.  That's the only way to know.

Please follow the Installation section of the release notes; choose
one according to the model of XO laptop:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.6/Installation/XO-1
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.6/Installation/XO-1.5
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.6/Installation/XO-1.75
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.6/Installation/XO-4

Follow the steps in the same order as they appear.

Read ahead to familiarise yourself.  You'll see we do not say to
install a more recent build first; more recent firmware yes,
sometimes, but not a more recent build.

If you hit problems during install, contact me.

Based on actual experiences the Wiki pages are revised to improve them
for all.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 07:38:29AM -0600, Caryl Bigenho wrote:

> Congratulations James! Can this be installed directly on an XO that hasn't been updated in a number of years or do you need to install a more recent build first as an intermediate step?
>
> Caryl
> PS I don't know which build since I'm no
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 16, 2015, at 4:57 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> >
> > G'day,
> >
> > We're pleased to announce the release of OLPC OS 13.2.6 for XO-1,
> > XO-1.5, XO-1.75 and XO-4.
> >
> > It is Sugar 0.107 on Fedora 18, with a few activities upgraded.
> >
> > Details of new features, fixes, known issues, and how to download,
> > install or upgrade can be found in the release notes:
> >
> >        http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.6
> >
> > Our thanks to all contributors, testers, upstreams, and those who
> > have provided feedback of any kind.
> >
> > ****

> > thanks.
> >
> > All feedback on Sugar 0.107 should be directed to sugar-devel@ list.
> >
> > ****
> >
> > Note: this release is temporarily hosted on our build server while we
> > work to bring our usual download server back to full health.
> >
> > Build file names: 32018o0 32018o1 32018o2 32018o4
> >
> > --
> > James Cameron
> > http://quozl.linux.org.au/

James Cameron