Touch Pad Double tap to select not working

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed May 20 02:02:18 EDT 2015

This is called tap to click.  I see same result:

- XO-4 Model SKU301
- Sugar 0.103.2
- build 14.1.0 for XO-4 (build 9)
- firmware Q7C05
- touchpad type "FSPPS/2 Sentelic FingerSensingPad"

I tried using the builder instructions [1] to set register 0x42 to
0x87 but it did not stay set.  It is as if the register is read-only.

I fixed the builder instructions [1] because the "c" to "C" change has
moved into udev instead of olpc-configure.

I checked other documentation [2].

Please use olpc-fsp-fwread on your SKU320 and reply with result?

How many laptops have been tested in SKU326?

Does your SKU320 respond at firmware ok prompt "test /mouse"?

We do not test this feature during manufacturing, because it isn't in
our operating system, and isn't in specifications.

--

My SKU301 results:

# dmesg | egrep 'psmouse|serio1'
psmouse serio1: sentelic: Finger Sensing Pad, hw: 13.2.6, sn: 0, sw: 1.1.0-K
input: FSPPS/2 Sentelic FingerSensingPad as /devices/d4290000.ap-sp/serio1/input/input9

# /usr/bin/olpc-fsp-regs verify
unexpected readback for 42: 42e7

# olpc-fsp-fwread
Got FSP at /sys/bus/serio/drivers/psmouse/serio1
0x82a5 = 0x05
0x82a6 = 0x12
0x82a7 = 0x90
0x820b = 0x2a