Announcing OLPC OS 13.2.3 for XO-1.75 and XO-4

James Cameron quozl at
Sun Mar 29 22:48:13 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 10:05:12AM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> (2) When I went to the CP section to update, the progress-bar filled
> in completely, but then it sat, with no indication of whether or not
> everything was up-to-date. Nothing in the logs.

Packet tracing shows it is contacting, using
the backend, but ASLO doesn't know about 0.104, and gives
empty XML responses.

The download complete callback also fails, because the result passed
by the downloader does not have a method get_data:

    AttributeError: 'Bytes' object has no attribute 'get_data'

After reconfiguring to use the microformat updater, the same message

This message may be because an older version of libsoup is being
used in this Fedora 18 build.  A fix may be to backport to Fedora 18
Daniel Drake's change to src/jarabe/util/

To reconfigure to use the microformat updater:

cat >> /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas/sugar.oob.gschema.override << EOF
/usr/bin/glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schemas
service olpc-dm restart

James Cameron