XO Fedora 22 Beta work

Samuel Greenfeld samuel at greenfeld.org
Sat Apr 25 00:10:28 EDT 2015

At James' suggestion I looked a bit into a Fedora 22 beta build.  I have
found the following problems so far getting the RPM dependencies worked out:

   - olpc-library needs to depend on python-jinja2, not python-jinja.  The
   olpc-library RPM also was removed from Fedora, perhaps due to lack of
   changes & abandonment.
   - totem-mozplugin no longer exists and was intentionally removed.  Given
   Firefox supports various media codecs internally this might not be a
   problem for it (apart for vmeta?); but I don't know what webkit-based
   Browse uses for media players.
   - xorg-x11-drv-keyboard and -mouse have been replaced by
   xorg-x11-drv-libinput.  See
   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg
   - 14.1.0 has custom F20 systemd binaries, but I am having trouble
   finding information as to why.  If they have relevant changes they need to
   be ported to F22 if not already present because using the F20 systemd
   binaries breaks all sorts of library dependencies.

Patches have been written for the first three that I could submit.

We need to come up with a clear direction as to what volunteers and/or OLPC
want & would actually use for updated XO builds.  I only have the time to
focus on one set of images.