Error on XO4 update to 32016o4.zd

Sebastian Silva sebastian at fuentelibre.org
Mon Apr 20 12:48:58 EDT 2015

Gonzalo,

I did finally find a reference to this error:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XO-4_Touch#Software_upgrade_considerations

*Refusal to update EC code*

When upgrading from old software versions, Open Firmware may refuse to
update the EC firmware, showing a battery icon with a bad face on every
boot, and logging the following messages over serial and during verbose
boot:

 EC command result timeout
 Skipping EC reflash, not enough power

This is due to a change in how OFW gets battery status. To solve this,
with a charged battery and external power connected, run at the ok
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ok> prompt:

 update-ec-flash

That did the trick. It upgraded it's various firmwares and now it did boot.
I should've searched for the error message before asking.

Thanks for all your help.

Sebastian

--
I+D SomosAzucar.Org